SPLF
I dont see the problem..
SPLF
I dont see the problem..
SPLF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where anything goes http://chatshack.net/otep < go here to for a new chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
{ LM }
The Green Moderator
{ LM }

Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think?   Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:32 pm

Just post your ideas. You can research this idea to widen your information because some thinkers already have presented a theory to answer this question. However, this theories I believe are also things we could think ourselves lol. Also, I believe people has differing ideas / answers to this question mainly influenced by their own experiences. So just share what you think!

Let's have an intellectual discussion in here, shall we? Smile
Back to top Go down
MarilynMansonAdulator
also known as Naminé
MarilynMansonAdulator

PostSubject: Re: Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think?   Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:35 pm

I think some of us are, but sometime's its peoples families that interfere with their perception and later on their desicion to be good or evil. Sometimes its just in someone and it's cumulative, other times it was found in their adult lives.

I am.. evil, lol.
Back to top Go down
{ LM }
The Green Moderator
{ LM }

PostSubject: Re: Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think?   Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:08 pm

^ I concur matey lol

There are many factors that distinguishes and molds our personality and attitude. The environment that the person was raised, the external things mold the person as to what he/she will be... as to the question, are we inherently good or evil? I think we are inherently born to preserve our life, and it dictates our actions. I think we aren't born good nor evil... we're just like a blank piece of paper, as we age the paper change in time and as we progress we write things in there, thus, until we've been living long enough to distinguish if we are a good paper or not can we label ourselves good or evil lol. The idea of good and bad, are just external perspectives that we begin to have a notion of as we grow.

Those who are murders etc, mostly had experienced abuse or bad things when they were young or have genetic defects or brain abnormalities. But this alone won't determine that we are born good.

I do believe that people are capable of doing good acts, putting the interest of other people first, but then again, these traits/actions can also be a result of an external influence.

My ideas are mostly evil but my actions are greatly done with good intentions. What I am mostly was influenced by how I was raised by my family. Even if I acquired ideas that are not good, even tho I entertain these thoughts - it won't change what I am as a person and what my parent's have taught me.
Back to top Go down
MarilynMansonAdulator
also known as Naminé
MarilynMansonAdulator

PostSubject: Re: Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think?   Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:13 pm

Good people can do bad things, and bad people can do things.

& Also, who can define what is good and what is evil, we all have our different opinions on that and it's what makes the world interesting.

We do things out of hate, out of love, out of admiration, fear, lonliness, sex-drives, lol.
Back to top Go down
{ LM }
The Green Moderator
{ LM }

PostSubject: Re: Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think?   Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:43 pm

^ LOL

I know a few people who have done wrong and are labeled "misfits of the society", who are actually good people with good ideas and dreams... I know everyone has a hypothalamus <3 lol

I remember the discussion we had during our Psychology class, humans are just like a sponge, it absorbs everything in it surrounding. And it reacts to what is happening around him... But there are things which are inherently human like "Smiling", babies don't have notion that smiling is the facial expression if we are happy and showing positive emotions, and crying when in pain. These things are things we didn't learn by observing around us. So whether we are INHERENTLY good or evil, there is no definite answer for this. Because if we are born inherently good, still things around us could interfere with what we are born. So for example, if we are born good and growing up we experienced bad things, can we stay/act being good? Do you get what I mean? lol I have an idea but I don't think I'm describing it clearly.
Back to top Go down
MarilynMansonAdulator
also known as Naminé
MarilynMansonAdulator

PostSubject: Re: Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think?   Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Lol I get what you mean.

It's down to us to be 'good' or 'evil' I mean, certain things or people could contribute to it in a way but it's down to us to seperate good things from bad things.

It's involuntary sometimes to do or say bad or good things, human nature is such a bitch.

I probably dont make sense :\ lol
Back to top Go down
leonardoD

leonardoD

PostSubject: Re: Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think?   Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:31 am

no no one is good or evil from his birth...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think?   Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are we born inherently good or evil? What do you think?
Page 1 of 1