SPLF
I dont see the problem..
SPLF
I dont see the problem..
SPLF
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where anything goes http://chatshack.net/otep < go here to for a new chat

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

If you could create a perfect society...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarilynMansonAdulator
also known as Naminé
MarilynMansonAdulator

If you could create a perfect society... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:39 am

I want a society where there was no racism, no ownership of anything valuable, where we each had the same amount of money so nobody would get jealous of anything the other person owns.

I want a society where all races and sexuality were accepted and nobody was judged.

I want a society where, if people were going to be christians, they'd actually read the bible properly and resist the urge to try and condemn people because the certain person isnt what they like.

..This isnt going to happen but we can all pray that one day, small changes will be made.
Back to top Go down
{ LM }
The Green Moderator
{ LM }

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:21 pm

MarilynMansonAdulator wrote:
I want a society where there was no racism, no ownership of anything valuable, where we each had the same amount of money so nobody would get jealous of anything the other person owns.

I want a society where all races and sexuality were accepted and nobody was judged.

I want a society where, if people were going to be christians, they'd actually read the bible properly and resist the urge to try and condemn people because the certain person isnt what they like.

..This isnt going to happen but we can all pray that one day, small changes will be made.

I agree with what you wrote, it is almost similar with what I want. But I want a society where there's no religion. I think dividing beliefs like religion always end in conflict. If we are to recognize human natures; Differences will always end in conflict.

My idea of a perfect society is similar to Plato's The Republic, people doing things they are able to do and good at, thus, producing only the best. He had this idea that we all are one big family, children are born without any knowledge of who their parents are. It is rather idealistic and trying to deny our embedded nature of disagreeing and having differing views, of jealousy and such... The thing I notice about Plato's idea of a perfect society is that he has a different idea of equality. He believes some people are born superior than others in terms of intellect, energy and skills. I could see why he wanted to recognize this, his motives was to try and bring out the best, and organize the society accordingly, like shelves, we belong to a certain shelve, and people only doing what he is able and particularly, can do.

Plato's idea of equality was people sharing what they can share best, if you are a born skilled worker, then you will never be ruler or a soldier because you give best of your ability if you do things you can do, and the society will benefit more from you. So if people doing what they can do and give their best on it, everyone could share and benefit equally.

However, this is 2009 and people think they can do anything even if it means exceeding their limitations. We value freedom, individuality and courage.

Our idea of Equality is, "If they have the rights to vote, I am human and a citizen of this county, I can vote as well", "I have the same amount of food as her", "if she has it, I can have it as well", or "if she can do it, so am I" thats how we define equality.

This two definition of equality divides the differences of our perfect society and it molds our idea of a perfect society. Both have its weaknesses... Nonetheless, I'm a semi-idealist lol and I think Plato's definition of equality could create my idea of a perfect society.
( Sorry for ending this abruptly and not describing them fully because I think I'm talking gibberish lol )
Back to top Go down
MarilynMansonAdulator
also known as Naminé
MarilynMansonAdulator

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:26 pm

Hardly gibberish that made sense to me.

This society nowdays is run on, 'I have the most money, so thus I am the more powerful, more intelligent' etc etc.
Which isnt always the case, if you look at Paris Hilton etc etc. She was BORN into a rich familly.

The society I want will worship the one's who are actually INTELLIGENT and do things that are worthwhile, writing books, drawing, those sorts of things, instead of worshiping bitches that can sang good..

IN MY WORLD THERE SHALL BE NO POP! lol.
Back to top Go down
{ LM }
The Green Moderator
{ LM }

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm

LOL I agree, people who deserves credit for their talents, abilities and skills should be the one leading this society.

But I disagree with POP, I love Justin Timberlake :\ lol

I am a dictator *evil* and here are my rules in my Perfect Society:
People should wear the same clothes.
People eating the same food as to what others are having...
Abolishing distinction of social rank through birth! NO MORE MISS LIL RICH HILTON lol
No Governments and Higher Authority. No Taxes.

System of Education: People who are good in Math, will study Math. People who aren't good at it, could study whatever they are good at lol.
No guns or anything used and produced to kill any other human living.

Okay, I'm thinking of Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto whilst I write this down lol. And the book "Animal Farm" seems to disagree with me. I can see the errors of my ideas. I think we can find error in everything. It's called PERSPECTIVE! In every idea, if you look at it on a different perspective, we can find errors in it. I just want my own world with people in it, living harmoniously :\ lol
Back to top Go down
MarilynMansonAdulator
also known as Naminé
MarilynMansonAdulator

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Embracing diversity ...

Lol, Education system for me, people should be able to study whatever they think they're good at, in order to actually get better at what they're good at instead of forcing all kids to do shit they dont like, if they dont like it, they wont succeed, they'll give up, and it'd be a waste of time.

I definately agree on the no-guns thiing, but then again, if we embraced diversity then we wouldnt have the need for violence at all.

But then thinking of all this, if the world was perfect there would be no messed up people and things, there would probably be no Marilyn Manson and Bert Mccrackens, maybe our society is interesting enough, I wouldnt want to change everything, just the little things.
Back to top Go down
{ LM }
The Green Moderator
{ LM }

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:26 pm

MarilynMansonAdulator wrote:
Embracing diversity ...

Lol, Education system for me, people should be able to study whatever they think they're good at, in order to actually get better at what they're good at instead of forcing all kids to do shit they dont like, if they dont like it, they wont succeed, they'll give up, and it'd be a waste of time.
waste of money and brain cells LOL

Quote :

I definately agree on the no-guns thiing, but then again, if we embraced diversity then we wouldnt have the need for violence at all.

But then thinking of all this, if the world was perfect there would be no messed up people and things, there would probably be no Marilyn Manson and Bert Mccrackens, maybe our society is interesting enough, I wouldnt want to change everything, just the little things.
I agree with this one... we wouldn't hope for a perfect society and realise the worth of things if we don't experience the bad things and lack them. However, a perfect society for me includes people who are all happy and experienced the best of life living in this world. Like what I said, we all have a different definitions of things like how you just presented your idea. And when we look at the way you have looked at the messed up people lol your idea is one that recognise the idea that the imperfections of this society could deliver a good sets of individual. Those inspirations of Manson and Mccrackens were born out of the things they had badly experienced in this life and outcome of a society that was wrong, if you look in that perspective you used, perhaps some people are happy and would do great living in a messed up world.
Back to top Go down
MarilynMansonAdulator
also known as Naminé
MarilynMansonAdulator

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:43 pm

I think everyone in this world has to suffer in order to progress, so in my society everyone would suffer in a different way, not to be cruel, but to make the world different instead of rainbow sunshine happy land, lol.
Back to top Go down
{ LM }
The Green Moderator
{ LM }

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:54 pm

I know you have a point but the idea of the thread is to create what society would be perfect for you, if you end the it with "okay lets just recognise what we have and these things are actually better because by it we progress" it is a type of answer that ends the discussion but not answers the questions of "if you COULD CREATE a perfect society, what would it be like?" it does have a point, however, it is stopping the discussion and thus, not letting us think of what would be better, ending us finding for answers, ending imaginations and ending the discussion lol.

A perfect society is where people are happy, what I meant by happiness is people getting what they rightfully deserve.
Back to top Go down
ϟ RMV ϟ
blood and bubbles..
ϟ RMV ϟ

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:54 pm

I disagree that embracing diversity would make a perfect society. silent
Back to top Go down
{ LM }
The Green Moderator
{ LM }

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:05 pm

ϟ RMV ϟ wrote:
I disagree that embracing diversity would make a perfect society. silent

What do you think is a perfect society? and why do you think embracing diversity will not result to a perfect society?
You may choose not to share it, but keep in mind that we are entitled to our own opinion and to post our ideas even if we think people would disagree. Question
Back to top Go down
ϟ RMV ϟ
blood and bubbles..
ϟ RMV ϟ

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:07 pm

I may share more later
Back to top Go down
MarilynMansonAdulator
also known as Naminé
MarilynMansonAdulator

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:53 pm

You would disagree.
Back to top Go down
ϟ RMV ϟ
blood and bubbles..
ϟ RMV ϟ

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 1:23 pm

and you would say that Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:32 pm

To Larissa's supposed "perfect society":
A world without racism etc... wouldn't teach us anything.
I like the society I live in so I don't have anything to add.
Back to top Go down
{ LM }
The Green Moderator
{ LM }

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:50 pm

lol Rmv and Shane stay on topic

My perfect society would focus more on educating the populace. ( not the kind of education crap we already have where they generalise the needs of the students and what they should study ) teaching only what is essential / freedom of what they want to learn and where they think they can excel.

And the people should be taught that they are different from animals, they can think, write, speak - there's a reason and purpose for being granted this qualities... so no humans should live a dogged life lol.

I know that how to live one's life is an individual freedom / choice... However, freedom can also result to taking someone else's freedom, because what we think we are doing for freedom may result to imprisoning some other people / race / groups of people. For instance, a very simple example, "I am a freeman I can choose to live my own life however I want it, I'll get drunk and take drugs whenever I want to" that for him is freedom, but that could disable his reasoning and moral.. in most cases, people who are intoxicated or under the influence are likely to commit crimes and taking other people's lives - and those people they have committed crimes against and they have killed who also have freedom and right to live but devoid of that freedom because someone else is also acting to his freedom. Do you get it? Like when America declares war in Iraq, they are doing it to protect their security and freedom of their people, what about the rights of those innocent people in Iraq who has nothing to do with the crimes committed in America? That's the reason why I am pro-limiting the freedom, by coming up with laws and regulations, this is why they made it anyway, for us to limit our freedom and it has reasons. These laws have reasons why they were implemented. I do like how our society was set up - the government, the institution, the policies, the laws, what I do not like is the people who runs the government - the people who runs this system. I'm still figuring out what form of government and system my perfect society would be like - is it anarchism ( abolition of government ) or democracy ( majority rules ). Mixed government presented by Aristotle? I don't really know...

It's really hard to set up a perfect society especially when you are recognizing individuality, human nature, wants and likings, each person is an individual, with their own desires and persuasions - and so what I'm aiming is to create a society where everyone ( every individual ) could live accordingly where they can pursue their own interest with less conflict and chaos, that's what I'm trying to figure.
Back to top Go down
MarilynMansonAdulator
also known as Naminé
MarilynMansonAdulator

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:28 am

I think the perfect society for me would be where the public makes up the majority of the laws, but only ones who actually have no drinking or drug problems or gambling addictions, ones who are intelligent but actually know what the public needs and wants. Not just throw some half-way intelligent man there and tell him he needs to make up the rules for an entire country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could create a perfect society...   If you could create a perfect society... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could create a perfect society...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPLF :: Ideology/Philosophy-
Jump to: